Tasting Room Staff
$11/hour + gratuities
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Provide outstanding customer service to all patrons in the tasting room and be prepared to ‘go the extra mile’ for all interactions. Customer satisfaction is paramount and we strive to have our patrons return time and again.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of cider and other products sold in order to describe relevant information to customers while they are undertaking their Sea Cider experience.
- Ensure the Event environment is warm and pleasurable at all times. This is achieved through keeping the area immaculately clean, ensuring information available to patrons is accurate and staying well informed on Sea Cider policy.
- Provide information and tours for groups. Describe the cider making process confidently, ensuring that the information provided meets the tour group’s needs.
- Effectively takes direction from the Event Supervisor to minimize event noise and event disturbance to surrounding neighbors.
Planning and Organizing
- Responsible for ensuring all Sea Cider Standard Operating Procedures are followed at all times
- Participate in actively viewing and planning ahead for shift availability.
- Ability to stay motivated and have the drive to seek out additional tasks
Health & Safety
- Ensure kitchen, tasting room, tent, grounds and bathroom cleanliness is kept to a high standard at all times by following guidelines as described in the Food Safety and Cleaning procedure documents.
- Create tasting plates, as per the agreed standard, for patrons as they are ordered and ensure they are served as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Innovation and creativity in relation to tasting plates and products is encouraged and management always welcomes proactive feedback from all team members.
- Advise Supervisor of food inventory at the end of every shift
- Efficiently handle cash, use of Square and TD credit/debit machine when selling products to customers. All procedures relating to cash handling must be strictly followed in order to ensure transactions are accurately recorded.
Knowledge & Skills Required
The following skills and knowledge are desired:
- Be personable and demonstrate ability to effectively deal with the public, customers and key accounts.
- Show a true passion for the hospitality industry and have a desire to learn more.
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Be able work well under pressure and to be part of a team.
- Have a positive attitude and an ability to tackle problems head on.
- Basic computer skills.
- Able to work weekends and evenings with a flexible time table.
- Able to work during June, July, August, September and October
- Hold current certificate in Basic Foodsafe.
- Hold certificate in Serving It Right.
About Sea Cider
Sea Cider is a small, young, rapidly growing farm destination and award-winning cider producer. Incorporated in 2004, it was borne from the owner’s desire to build a community-minded business rooted in farming. At its core, Sea Cider exists to create positive cider memories and to:
- be a profitable family-owned farm business
- provide high quality cider and positive experiences for its customers
- provide a safe and fulfilling work environment for its staff
- operate as a value-driven business that is an asset to the community
Since sales began in 2007, Sea Cider has grown to over 20 employees with annual cider production approaching 10,000 cases and growing. Cider wholesales span Western Canada and the US. Locally, Sea Cider is known as one of the region’s top attractions, greeting visitors year round for tours and tastings. The ciderhouse is also a unique agri-chic venue for weddings and corporate events.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Michelle our Service Manager.