Job Description: Event Coordinator
Sea Cider is looking for a accountable and professional Event Coordinator to join our rapidly growing team. On a contract basis, the Event Coordinator responds to all inbound event inquiries and meets with potential clients to sell and coordinate Sea Cider events packages. As a candidate for this position, your excellent interpersonal skills make you an approachable and customer-focused sales professional. Meanwhile, your sales skills are coupled with a superior approach to follow-through, organization and coordination. The Event Coordinator is instrumental in all aspects of the event sales and coordination process.
In return, Sea Cider provides an exciting, flexible and unconventional work environment. The Event Coordinator works remotely, responding to event inquiry emails and phone calls daily. Once prospects are qualified, you arrange meetings at the Ciderhouse so the client can experience a taste of what Sea Cider has to offer. Once a client has booked their event at Sea Cider, you coordinate the remaining details with the client, Sea Cider’s event team and third party suppliers. Then on the day of the event, you hand over successful implementation of the event to Sea Cider’s event team, whom you have already liaised with on all details during the coordination process. Operating entirely on your own schedule, you manage your workflow in a professional and timely manner.
The Event Coordinator is accountable for:
- meeting events sales goals
- following up on all events inquiries
- reaching out to potential event clients
- ensuring that event clients receive the information they need to make an appropriate decision on whether to contract Sea Cider as their event venue
- creating event plans in keeping with Sea Cider’s policies, standard operating procedures and gross margin goals
- ensuring that event details are finalized and confirmed with event clients, Sea Cider’s Service Manager and Event Supervisor and third party suppliers
- ensuring that event clients understand Sea Cider’s Terms and Conditions and policies concerning, among other things, noise and alcohol service
- handing over responsibility for successful execution of each event to Sea Cider’s Service Manager and/or Event Supervisor immediately prior to the event
Knowledge & Skills Required
Exceptional customer service is a core value at Sea Cider. Our customers, colleagues and suppliers expect this from us; it is a fundamental value by which we conduct ourselves. The Event Coordinator must fulfill this customer service expectation and demonstrate exceptional relationship skills, whether with clients, colleagues or suppliers. In addition to exceptional customer service skills, the position requires a sincere, friendly, positive individual and:
- Previous sales experience
- Previous customer service experience in food and beverage, tourism or events
- Successful project management experience and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills; including positive and persuasive writing skills
- A high degree of professionalism, initiative and personal accountability for meeting deliverables.
- Strong skills in time management, organization and coordination. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at once
- The ability to assess problems, recommend actions and implement appropriate solutions
- Strong computer skills. Proficiency with word processing and spreadsheet software, CRM and point of sale software and systems.
- A willingness to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings to meet customer service expectations
Please send resumes and cover letters to email@example.com