Sea Cider is a certified organic farm and ciderhouse that produces and sells cider on its premises in Saanichton. The Front of House Supervisor is responsible for the guidance and assistance of Sea Cider patrons in the tasting room. This is achieved through one on one interaction with customers, explaining the ciders and food available. The Front of House Supervisor role requires multifaceted and highly flexible individuals who are prepared to work on other opportunities such as business development, events plus general cider making and farm activities.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
Front of House Supervisor key responsibilities and accountabilities are:
- Provide outstanding customer service to all patrons in the tasting room and be prepared to ‘go the extra mile’ for all interactions. Customer satisfaction is paramount and we strive to have our patrons return time and again.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of cider and other products sold in order to describe relevant information to customers while they are undertaking their tasting room experience.
- Ensure the tasting room environment is warm and pleasurable at all times. This is achieved through keeping the area immaculately clean, and ensuring information available to patrons is accurate and up to date. All products available in the tasting room should also be kept well stocked and displayed artistically.
- Provide tours for groups and describe the cider making process confidently, ensuring that the information provided meets the tour group’s needs.
Planning and Organizing
- Responsible for ensuring all procedures relating to the opening and closing of the tasting room are organized and adhered to on a daily basis. Completion of the procedure checklist is required to make certain all tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Participate in the planning and coordination of any Sea Cider events to ensure customers have a pleasurable and successful occasion.
- Performance management and development of any direct reports such as Front of House Servers. This will involve recruitment, motivation, training and coaching plus undertaking performance reviews.
Health & Safety
- Ensure kitchen, tasting room and bathroom cleanliness is kept to a high standard at all times by following guidelines as described in the Food Safety and Cleaning procedure documents.
- Create tasting plates, as per the agreed standard, for patrons as they are ordered and ensure they are served as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Innovation and creativity in relation to tasting plates and products is encouraged and management always welcomes proactive feedback from all team members.
- Maintain kitchen stock to ensure adequate provisions are available at all times for tasting plates. This will involve coordination with the Service Manager and possibly collecting items from suppliers.
- Efficiently handle cash, use the moneris machine and cash register when selling products to customers. All procedures relating to cash handling must be strictly followed in order to ensure transactions are accurately recorded.
Cider Making & Business Activities
- When assigned by Manager, participate in cider making activities, such as bottling and apple pressing. Other day to day business tasks may also be assigned by Manager to ensure Sea Cider is effective in its interactions with customers, key industry contacts and suppliers.
Account Management & Business Development
- Fulfill any orders placed by customers within 24 hours by following the procedures as outlined in the Inventory, Sales and Promotion procedure document.
- In coordination with the Business Manager, maintain and develop existing and new customers through appropriate propositions and ethical sales methods and relevant liaison, to optimize quality of service, business growth and customer satisfaction.
Knowledge & Skills Required
The following skills and knowledge are desired:
- Be personable and demonstrate ability to effectively deal with the public, customers and key accounts.
- Show a true passion for the hospitality industry and have a desire to learn more.
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Be able work well under pressure and to be part of a team.
- Have a positive attitude and an ability to tackle problems head on.
- Basic computer skills.
- Able to work weekends and evenings with a flexible time table.
- Hold current certificate in Basic Foodsafe.
- Hold certificate in Serving It Right.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com