The Service Manager is accountable for managing costs, staff and customer experience in Sea Cider’s Retail and Event Divisions.
- Leads the Service Divisions, with overall accountability for Retail and Event operations
- Works collaboratively with the other managers to ensure that Service Division operations support sales, marketing, operations, financial and business goals.
- Ensures that Service Division operations are executed in accordance with Sea Cider’s Standard Operating Procedures and Policies. Develops and/or improves policies and standard operating procedures as needed.
- Ensures that Service Division operations are executed in accordance with liquor regulations.
- Oversees all Service personnel. Recruits, trains, schedules, supervises and conducts regular performance reviews. Ensures that personnel are executing their functions successfully. Acts as a positive and motivational mentor while still representing management and business interests.
- Plans the use of equipment, supplies, facilities and human resources on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis. Develops capital and equipment plans in consultation with the Owner and other Managers.
- Develops growth plans in consultation with the Owner and other Managers and acts as Project Manager on new initiatives as required.
- Plans menus and changes menus frequently. Sources merchandise and comes up with new merchandise ideas, new cocktail ideas and other products and services for sale.
- Plans and executes Service Division promotions and promotional events based on marketing and promotional strategies developed in collaboration with the Sales and Marketing Manager.
- In collaboration with the Operations Manager, manages facility and equipment maintenance in the Service Divisions. Ensures timely and cost effective maintenance in keeping with budgetary and operational schedules.
- Manages Service Division inventory.
- Finalizes event plans with booked event clients. Prior to each event, coordinates the services of event partners for each booked event, and communicates closely with event clients to ensure expectations are mutually understood
- Carries out customer service activities, such as hosting and serving customers, and supervises Service personnel in executing these duties successfully
- Carries out food preparation, cleaning, and facility and equipment preparation activities, and supervises Service personnel in executing these duties successfully
- Collects and manages timely and accurate Service Division data, as well as interprets and reports on data. Monitors and reports on Service Division performance against performance metrics.
- Troubleshoots issues (human resources, equipment, supplies, customer complaints) on a daily basis and “goes the extra mile” to resolve problems successfully.
- When required, represents Sea Cider at promotional events and provides support to sales and marketing. Conducts site tours for media and customers on occasion; performs public relations or industry relations duties as required.
- Supports the Owner and other Managers as required.
Knowledge & Skills Required
Exceptional customer service is a core value at Sea Cider. Our customers, colleagues and suppliers expect this from us; it is a fundamental value by which we conduct ourselves. The Service Manager must fulfill this customer service expectation and demonstrate exceptional relationship skills, whether with customers, colleagues or suppliers.
In addition to exceptional customer service skills, the position requires:
- Post secondary education/certification in a related field
- Previous management experience in a related field
- A proven track record of outstanding leadership, problem solving and team building.
- Successful project management experience and attention to detail
- Strong computer skills. Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and database software, including inventory management software and point of sale software and systems. Accounting software proficiency an asset.
- Financial management skills (e.g. developing and working with a budget)
- Successful experience recruiting, supervising, training, evaluating performance and providing effective feedback to staff
- Strong skills in time management, organization and coordination. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at once
- A high degree of professionalism, initiative and personal accountability for meeting deliverables
- The ability to work well under pressure and a willingness to “roll up your sleeves” to get the job done
- Proven success in leading service improvements as well as a continuous improvement mindset within the team. A desire to work for a business that is growing and seeking to continually improve
- A willingness to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings to meet business needs