|Job Title||Service Manager|
About Sea Cider
Sea Cider is a rapidly growing, certified organic farm and award-winning cider producer. Incorporated in 2004, it was borne from the owner’s desire to build a community-minded business rooted in farming. At its core, Sea Cider exists to create exceptional cider experiences and to:
- be a profitable family-owned farm business
- provide high quality cider and positive experiences for its customers
- provide a safe and fulfilling work environment for its staff
- operate as a value-driven business that is an asset to the community
Since sales began in 2007, Sea Cider has grown to nearly 40 employees with annual cider production approaching 12,000 cases and growing. Cider wholesales span Western North America. Locally, Sea Cider is known as one of the region’s top attractions, greeting visitors year round for tours and tastings. The ciderhouse is also a unique agri-chic venue for cider-centric events.
Our work culture embodies many values. We have a sense of humour and a positive outlook; we are kind, conscientious and reliable; we enjoy collaborating and learning from one another. Other fundamental values by which we operate include:
- a respectful, service-oriented approach to everyone;
- transparency, integrity and honesty; and
- a desire for meaning and earning more than a pay cheque.
As someone on our team you live and work by these values too.
Focus of Accountability
The Service Manager’s focus of accountability is customer and client satisfaction, achieved by taking a service approach to all aspects of department management.
Department management – The Service Manager is accountable for meeting Departmental targets and managing all activities, resources and personnel in the Service Department.
Process planning and improvement – The Service Manager leads improvements in Standard Operating Procedures and service protocols for Tasting Room and Event operations. S/he drives initiatives that contribute to long-term service excellence and business profitability.
Business planning and analysis – The Service Manager collaborates with the Owner and Management Team in both strategic and tactical planning to ensure that the Service Department support Sales & Marketing, Operations, Finance and overall corporate goals. Business planning is data-driven, and as such the Service Manager ensures that Service data is collected, tabulated, shared and analyzed against performance metrics.
Public Relations – the Service Manager regularly represents Sea Cider at promotional events, acts as a point of contact for issue management and client concerns, conducts site tours for media, industry representatives and customers, attends Sea Cider’s open houses, and performs other public relations activities.
This position requires an experienced professional with an exceptional track record as a service leader in a team environment who is excited by the opportunity to work for a community-minded yet growth-oriented company. In addition, the position requires:
- Education: Post secondary degrees and/or certification
- Work experience in similar role: At least ten years
- Industry experience: Food and beverage, hospitality, events
- Leadership experience: At least ten years
- Service Management approaches: Proven success in providing exceptional customer service, and reinforcing a customer service mindset in staff
- HR management: experience recruiting, supervising, training, evaluating staff performance and providing effective feedback
- Stakeholder relationships: demonstrated success in problem solving, collaboration and team building. A proven ability to build and maintain positive and effective internal and external relationships
- Communication skills, both written and oral: exceptional
- Software experience: extensive, using a variety of programs
- Financial management skills: preparing departmental budgets, reporting on variance, ROI analysis, payroll reviews, etc
- Personal aptitude: a high degree of professionalism, initiative and personal accountability for meeting deliverables. Excellent time management and coordination skills. The ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously. The ability to work well under pressure and a willingness to “roll up your sleeves” to get the job done. Curiosity, great listening skills and an openness to feedback from colleagues.
- Work week flexibility: A willingness to work flexible hours, including occasional weekends and evenings, to meet the needs of the business
- A desire to work for a business that is growing and seeking to continually improve
How to Apply
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply in confidence with a resume plus a covering letter that includes salary expectations and clearly describes exactly how you meet each of the requirements of this position. Please email this information to Kathy Neeves no later than Sunday, February 10th, 2018, firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants who apply; however only those selected for consideration will be contacted.