The Sea Cider team has built a company culture that embodies many values. We have a sense of humour and a positive outlook; we are kind, conscientious and reliable; we enjoy collaborating and learning from each other. Other fundamental values by which we operate include:
- a respectful, cooperative, service-oriented approach to everyone
- earnestness, transparency, integrity, and honesty
- a desire for meaning and earning more than a pay cheque
As a Sea Cider team member, you live and work by these values too.
Sea Cider is looking for an accountable and professional Event Coordinator to join our rapidly growing team. The Sea Cider Event Coordinator responds to all inbound event inquiries and meets with potential clients to sell and coordinate Sea Cider events packages. As a candidate for this position, your excellent interpersonal skills make you an approachable and customer-focused sales professional. Meanwhile, your sales skills are coupled with a superior approach to follow-through, organization and coordination. The Event Coordinator is instrumental in all aspects of the event sales and coordination process.
If this sounds like you, Sea Cider provides an exciting, flexible and unconventional work environment. The Event Coordinator works remotely for a portion of the work day – responding to event inquiry emails and phone calls daily. Once prospects are qualified, you arrange meetings at the Ciderhouse so the client can experience a taste of what Sea Cider has to offer. Once a client has booked their event at Sea Cider, you coordinate the pass off to Sea Cider’s event team and third party suppliers. Operating on your own schedule, you manage your workflow in a professional and timely manner.
The Event Coordinator is accountable for:
- Acting as a Sea Cider’s brand ambassador for the Sea Cider events vertical
- Managing customer inquiries for all Sea Cider events bookings
- Managing all aspects of the event sales channel; from prospecting to booking events
- Meeting the pre-determined sales targets
- Using the following strategies to meet sales targets:
- Regular phone calls and emails to customers
- Regular meetings with prospective clients at the ciderhouse
- Attending meetings and events that could generate Sea Cider event sales
- Requesting relevant marketing collateral from the Sales & Marketing Manager
- Providing recommendations to Sea Cider in regards to marketing activities that could help the event sales channel
- Providing market intelligence and customer feedback to Sea Cider
- Providing feedback and recommendations to Sea Cider based on observations in the marketplace and discussions with customers
- Informing Sea Cider of any public opportunities to show Sea Cider events so a decision can be made as to whether or not to participate.
- Creating event plans in keeping with Sea Cider’s policies, standard operating procedures and gross margin goals
- Ensuring that event details are finalized and confirmed with event clients, Sea Cider’s Service Manager and Event Supervisor and third-party suppliers
- Compiling (and filing and sharing etc) the essential contract documents – signed contract, timeline, floor plans etc.
- Completing a smooth transfer of information to the Service Manager.
- Ensuring that event clients understand Sea Cider’s terms and conditions and policies concerning, among other things, noise and alcohol service
Knowledge & Skills Required
Exceptional customer service is a core value at Sea Cider. Our customers, colleagues and suppliers expect this from us; it is a fundamental value by which we conduct ourselves. The Event Coordinator must fulfill this customer service expectation and demonstrate exceptional relationship skills, whether with clients, colleagues or suppliers. In addition to exceptional customer service skills, the position requires a sincere, friendly, positive individual and:
- Previous sales experience
- Previous customer service experience in food and beverage, tourism or events
- Successful project management experience and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills; including positive and persuasive writing skills
- A high degree of professionalism, initiative and personal accountability for meeting deliverables.
- Strong skills in time management, organization and coordination; ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at once
- The ability to assess problems, recommend actions and implement appropriate solutions
- Strong computer skills; proficiency with word processing and spreadsheet software, CRM and point of sale software and systems.
- A willingness to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings to meet customer service expectations
About Sea Cider
Sea Cider is a small, young, rapidly growing farm destination and award-winning cider producer. Incorporated in 2004, it was borne from the owner’s desire to build a community-minded business rooted in farming. At its core, Sea Cider exists to create positive cider memories and to:
- be a profitable family-owned farm business
- provide high quality cider and positive experiences for its customers
- provide a safe and fulfilling work environment for its staff
- operate as a value-driven business that is an asset to the community
Since sales began in 2007, Sea Cider has grown to over 20 employees with annual cider production approaching 10,000 cases and growing. Cider wholesales span Western Canada and the US. Locally, Sea Cider is known as one of the region’s top attractions, greeting visitors year round for tours and tastings. The ciderhouse is also a unique agri-chic venue for weddings and corporate events.
Please send resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Job Application: Event Coordinator” in the subject line.
We thank everyone that applies for this position. Only those that are shortlisted will be contacted.