|Job Title||Vancouver Brand Ambassador|
|Reporting To:||Sales & Marketing Manager|
|Posted||February 10, 2016|
Sea Cider is looking for a reliable and professional Vancouver-based, Brand Ambassador to join our rapidly growing team! As an important member of our Sales & Marketing team, the Brand Ambassador is responsible for building sales in both liquor store & on-premise accounts (restaurant & pub) in Vancouver & the Lower Mainland. Sea Cider has been experiencing exceptional sales growth across BC and we are now looking for a region specific sales rep to help take brand awareness to the next level.
The position focus is on developing new accounts while maintaining current accounts within the territory. A high emphasis is placed on increasing the availability and visibility of products in these accounts by using a consultative sales process. This position is also responsible for identifying and working at tasting events, promotions and farmers markets in order to increase brand awareness.
As a candidate for this position, your excellent interpersonal skills make you an approachable and customer-focused sales professional. These sales skills are coupled with a superior approach to follow-through, organization and coordination. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
The Vancouver Brand Ambassador is responsible for the following:
- Selling Sea Cider products to private liquor stores and licensed restaurants in the territory
- Acting as a Brand Ambassador in all professional interactions that relate to Sea Cider in the territory
- Meeting the pre-determined sales targets for the region
- Using the following strategies to meet sales targets:
- Regular phone calls and emails to customers
- Regular customer visits
- Public tastings at customer locations
- Social media notices
- Merchandising assistance (e.g. product placement in coolers, shelf talkers, specials
- Reporting on the use of promotional cider, noting dates, the number of bottles used and the customers who received the promotional bottles
- Reporting all customer communications and contact (phone calls, store visits, emails) using provided CRM software
- Provide Sea Cider with signed credit applications for new customers, which must be completed by the customer prior to their first sales order being fulfilled
- Relay any customer issues to Sea Cider for follow up as needed
- Provide market intelligence and customer feedback to Sea Cider
- Provide feedback and recommendations to Sea Cider based on observations in the marketplace and discussions with customers
- Inform Sea Cider of any public opportunities to sample Sea Cider products so a decision can be made as to whether or not to participate
Knowledge & Skills Required
Exceptional customer service is a core value at Sea Cider. Our customers, colleagues and suppliers expect this from us; it is a fundamental value by which we conduct ourselves. The Vancouver Brand Ambassador must fulfill this customer service expectation and demonstrate exceptional relationship skills, whether with clients, colleagues or suppliers.
In addition to exceptional customer service skills, the position requires a sincere, friendly, positive individual and:
- Previous sales experience (within the beverage industry would be considered an asset)
- Knowledge and love of craft cider (of course)
- Working knowledge of the liquor sales industry; including sales channels, government licensing restrictions and routes to market
- Previous customer service experience in food and beverage, tourism or events
- Strong communication skills; including positive and persuasive writing skills
- A high degree of professionalism, initiative and personal accountability for meeting deliverables
- Strong skills in time management, organization and coordination; ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at once
- The ability to assess problems, recommend actions and implement appropriate solutions
- Strong computer skills; proficiency with word processing and spreadsheet software, CRM and point of sale software and systems.
- A willingness to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings to meet event and customer service expectations
About Sea Cider
Sea Cider is a small, young, rapidly growing farm destination and award-winning cider producer. Incorporated in 2004, it was borne from the owner’s desire to build a community-minded business rooted in farming. At its core, Sea Cider exists to create positive cider memories and to:
- be a profitable family-owned farm business
- provide high quality cider and positive experiences for its customers
- provide a safe and fulfilling work environment for its staff
- operate as a value-driven business that is an asset to the community
Since sales began in 2007, Sea Cider has grown to over 20 employees with annual cider production approaching 10,000 cases and growing. Cider wholesales span Western Canada and the US. Locally, Sea Cider is known as one of the region’s top attractions, greeting visitors year round for tours and tastings. The ciderhouse is also a unique agri-chic venue for weddings and corporate events.
Please send resumes and cover letters to mike(at)seacider.ca, with ‘Job Application: Vancouver Brand Ambassador” in the subject line.
We thank everyone that applies for this position. Only those that are shortlisted will be contacted. Please no phone calls.