Job Title: Seasonal Service Staff
Reporting To: Service Manager
Updated: Jan 30, 2018
About Sea Cider
Sea Cider is a rapidly growing, certified organic farm and award-winning cider producer. Incorporated in 2004, it was borne from the owner’s desire to build a community-minded business rooted in farming. At its core, Sea Cider exists to create exceptional cider experiences and to:
- be a profitable family-owned farm business
- provide high quality cider and positive experiences for its customers
- provide a safe and fulfilling work environment for its staff
- operate as a value-driven business that is an asset to the community
Since sales began in 2007, Sea Cider has grown to nearly 40 employees with annual cider production approaching 12,000 cases and growing. Cider wholesales span Western North America. Locally, Sea Cider is known as one of the region’s top attractions, greeting visitors year round for tours and tastings. The ciderhouse is also a unique agri-chic venue for cider-centric events.
Our work culture embodies many values. We have a sense of humour and a positive outlook; we are kind, conscientious and reliable; we enjoy collaborating and learning from one another. Other fundamental values by which we operate include:
- a respectful, service-oriented approach to everyone;
- transparency, integrity and honesty; and
- a desire for meaning and earning more than a pay cheque.
As someone on our team you live and work by these values too.
Focus of Accountability
Seasonal Service Staff are accountable for ensuring that Tasting Room visitors and Event Clients have an exceptional experience. They work under the direction of the Service Manager, Event Service Coordinator & Tasting Room Coordinator. The work day typically involves kitchen preparation, regular tour hosting, ensuring that facilities, equipment and supplies are ready, and front line customer service.
This position requires a positive professional with an exceptional track record in customer service in the food and beverage industry who is excited by the opportunity to work for a community-minded yet growth-oriented company. In addition, the position requires:
- Education: High School Diploma
- Certificates: Serving-It-Right & FoodSafe
- Work experience in similar role: At least one year
- Work experience in this industry: preferred
- A gift for customer service and a proven track record in problem solving, resolving customer complaints successfully, and avoiding complaints in the first place!
- Communication skills: exceptional
- Software experience: some familiarity required, and a willingness to learn new programs and new skills
- Personal aptitude: a high degree of professionalism and initiative preferred. Excellent time management. Curiosity, great listening skills and an openness to feedback.
- Work week flexibility: A willingness to work flexible hours to meet the needs of the business.
- A desire to work for a business that is growing and seeking to continually improve
How to Apply
Please email our Service Manager, Michelle Darling, no later than Wednesday, February 21st, 2018, firstname.lastname@example.org