Job Description: Special Event & Farmers Market Coordinator
Sea Cider is looking for an accountable and professional Special Event & Farmers Market Coordinator to join our rapidly growing team. The Special Event & Farmers Market Coordinator attends farmers markets and other special events on behalf of Sea Cider. While engaging the public, your wit and charm is only surpassed by your ability to flawlessly execute Sea Cider’s farmers market and event strategy.
As a candidate for this position, your excellent interpersonal skills make you an approachable and outgoing sales professional. These skills are coupled with an organized and thorough approach to attending and implementing events. By managing the entire execution of the event, the Special Event & Market Coordinator is instrumental in all aspects of Sea Cider’s representation at farmers markets and other special events.
The Special Event & Farmers Market Coordinator travels to farmers markets in the Greater Victoria several days a week. You will be responsible for all transport and set-up of the Sea Cider stall, processing and brokering transactions, sampling product and keeping cash-out and sales records neat and tidy. The successful candidate will have a valid drivers license, Serving It Right certificate and a vehicle to transport goods.
If this sounds like you, in return Sea Cider provides an exciting, flexible, and unconventional work environment for the right person!
Knowledge & Skills Required
Exceptional customer service is a core value at Sea Cider. Our customers, colleagues, and suppliers expect this from us; it is a fundamental value by which we conduct ourselves. The Special Event & Farmers Market Coordinator must fulfill this customer service expectation and demonstrate exceptional relationship skills, whether with clients, colleagues, or suppliers.
In addition to exceptional customer service skills, the position requires a sincere, friendly, positive individual. Other knowledge and skills required are as follows:
– Previous sales experience
– Previous customer service experience in food and beverage, tourism or events
– Successful event execution experience
– Serving experience
– An ability to create exceptional looking sales displays/stalls
– Strong communication skills and a positive disposition
– A valid drivers license
– A valid Serving It Right certificate
– A high degree of professionalism, initiative, and personal accountability for meeting deliverables
– Experience with cash out and cash handling procedures
– Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings
The Farmers Market & Special Event Coordinator is accountable for:
– Attending farmers markets and special events
– Meeting farmers market sales goals
– Set-up and take down of farmers market stalls
– Brokering transactions, cash-out and money handling
– Working closely with the Sales & Marketing Manager and Service Manager
– Creating event plans in keeping with Sea Cider’s policies, standard operating procedures, and gross margin goals
– Complete inventory and bottle counts daily
– Responsible for ensuring all Sea Cider Standard Operating Procedures are followed at all times
– Participate in actively viewing and planning ahead for shift availability
– Representing Sea Cider in a professional and courteous way at all times
This is a junior position ideal for a college or university student summer job or someone looking to get into the beverage industry.
Please send résumés and cover letters to email@example.com